Kopano Parish Lutheran Church - Mogwase.
THE BEGINNING OF KOPANO PARISH 1988
* This is when the congregation moved from Mogwase Parish, at the time of Rev. L.E. Ledwaba
* The congregation was made up of about 15 families.
* The congregation had to move with their assets, they had an amount of about R68.90 that they had saved and started a treasure fund with that amount.
* The Dean was a reverend who depended mostly on the constitution of the church and this made it difficult for the congregation to adapt to the change as they were not used to the manner in which the reverend did things.
* If we remember correctly, Tlhabane Circuit was divided into two sections at the time namely; Kgetleng and Tlhabane which remained until present.
* In 1984 the Synod declared that these two sections should each become a circuit. Then later on the Diocesan Council declared that Kopano (Kopano Parish) should become the Deanary. Rev. L.E. Ledwaba became the Dean of Tlhabane Circuit.
* Rev. L.E. Ledwaba was the Dean of Tlhabane Circuit for only four years
* Rev. L.E. Ledwaba was moved to GaRankuwain 1988.
For Entire History in English Download Kopano Parish History File
For Entire History in Setswana Download Kopano Parish History File